Monday, May 12, 2014

the move



I'm kind of bummed that I didn't get pictures from our move (thanks dad for snapping one!). Things were just so rushed that I didn't really think about it! Thursday and Friday were graduation days and then Saturday morning we packed everything up and left for Colorado! We rented a 5x8 Uhaul trailer that Josh's parents pulled for us and stuffed everything else in our car and my parent's car. It was quite the miracle that we fit all of our stuff into such small spaces. I really am convinced that the only way that we were able to do it was due to all the prayers that we said that everything would fit. That and the great packing skills that the parents and Josh have. WE used every nook and cranny in that little Uhaul! Once we got everything in we caravaned our way through the mountains with our three cars, Josh's parents in front, our slow car in the middle and my parents following behind. It rained while we packed, and it rained/hailed for the first four hours of our drive. I was so grateful for Josh for driving the whole way. I was nervous to drive being so large with child and then the part of the drive that I usually take it was raining/hailing hard and our little car kept fogging up! He just kept on driving for us and never once complained. I was so appreciative of that!

We finally made it to Colorado about 7pm and we stopped and enjoyed a meal at Hacienda Colorado (a fabulous Mexican restaurant). Josh and I stayed in Parker while the Peterson's headed the rest of the way to Pueblo. The next day we went to church with my parents and relaxed just to get up and drive to Fort Collins (technically we are in Loveland) the next day to officially unpack all of our stuff into the apartment. It was just Josh and my mom to unpack the Uhaul and truck that we were borrowing. I was AMAZED! It was one of the windiest days which is so miserable to be outside in, and we live in the back of the complex and on the second floor and my mom and Josh unpacked it all and SO FAST! They were amazing. I was given strict orders not to do much lifting so I started unpacking things in the kitchen and directing boxes of stuff. Before I knew it they had everything out! Even the big furniture pieces. What a studly family I have ;) Dad showed up after work with another car full of stuff and we unpacked that as well. Pretty soon we had everything in our condo.

I am so grateful for all the hard work that my parents have put in to helping us move and their willingness to do it! They are simply amazing and we could not have done all the hours of packing and moving without them. I feel so blessed to be able to live close by to them!! I still can't believe that this is where we live and its not just for summer like we are used to. This is our first home outside of college and we are so thrilled. We are loving the condo and I have enjoyed unpacking everything, getting organized and trying to make this little place into a home. It still has a ways to go but I would say it is coming together nicely. Maybe in a few weeks we will have things more put together and cute and I will get some pictures up! One thing at a time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment