Saturday, April 5, 2014

thoughts on blogging

I loved the lecture that we had in class last week from the woman (Stacy Risenmay) running the Not Just a Housewife blog. She talked about how she was just an average girl with ideas floating around and one day she decided to try her hand out at a blog. She didn't know much about them or what she was doing but gradually she has turned her blog into a small business that helps support her family! This is really one of my dreams. I love blogging and wish I knew more about it, how to make money blogging (which was awesome that she talked about this!) and most importantly I wish I could find the direction to take my blog, or a new blog. These blogs that I see that become so popular are pretty focused in what they want to share. They are either fashionistas sharing style, photography blogs, cooking blogs, DIY blogs, etc. But with me, I feel like I like a little bit of everything and I am not great at any one thing! I feel like until I figure that out, I can't really try making my blog into a little more than a hobby and more into a business. How do people ever really know what they are good at or what they can share with the world?? I feel like this is a constant battle with myself and I'm not sure if I will ever figure it out. Anyway, just the ramblings of a wanna be blogger.

1 comment:

  1. ok, I love blogging and I'm no good at it but I do it anyway. Sometimes when you do something that you love, you find a way to make it profitable! I love reading Stephanie Nielsen's blog. It inspires me as to what blogging can be. :) I'll enjoy keeping in touch with you guys even after we part ways!

    ReplyDelete