Thursday, January 16, 2014

she will be named...

Eventually. Eventually she will be named. And eventually you will know. But for now she is just baby girl, princess, little Betty (to Alyssa), Penelope (to Chelsea), Collandrea (to Colleen), and a mystery to everyone else. Everyone has opinions about naming children. I have my own views as well. And if you ask me what her name is, I will either make up some excuse about not knowing her name yet, or I will just tell you the truth, which is we aren't (unless I randomly decide otherwise) revealing our name until she is born. I mean, what if I change my mind! What if  I don't want everyone under the sun's opinion about my choice? What if it is special to me, something that feels sacred between me, my hubby and my amazing little girl in a time of special bonding before she is even born: our very first secret between the three of us? So it will just give you a little something more to look forward to, besides her sweet lil face of course ;)

My friend Brittany sent me this link on Facebook the other day, about naming children, and since we all know that most people feel strongly some way or another about the topic, I thought you all might enjoy as well. I found it pretty darn funny and love how many stats and figures were run just on the names people have chosen in the past and what is popular now.

Check it out: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wait-but-why/how-to-name-a-baby_b_4551427.html


1 comment:

  1. I keep typing comments and they keep disappearing! Third time's the charm hopefully. I love the name trends, I think it's so interesting! I've liked the name Evelyn since I was 14 so I'm claiming ahead of the curve on that one. We knew it was getting popular but liked it enough to keep it:) I know a lot of people don't think our names "match" each other either but who says they have to match?? We love them both, they're both feminine and pretty. I'm sure whatever name you picked out for baby girl is adorable and special and I can't wait to hear what Betty's name is for real!!

    ReplyDelete