Sunday, January 12, 2014

christmas break

Those two and a half weeks spent in Colorado for break were the best. We always look forward to going home for Christmas and this year was no exception. It was the Peterson year for Christmas day at their house and every family remember was able to make it! It will probably be the last time in a while that all of us are all in the same spot at the same time with Chari going on a mission, us having our little baby, and others with life plans that have potential to take them far away as well. We ate lots of good food, went to Bishop's Castle, went to the temple, did some shopping, made a baby blanket/car seat canopy, some went skiing, went bowling, did some caroling, played games, saw some more family which involved an intense nerf gun fight with Josh and the kids, took family pictures and just spent time together as a family.

With the Tomlinson family there was a lot of fun to be had as well. The first part of our visit was filled with wedding planning and a wedding. My sis, Chelsea and her fiance Brycen got married in the Denver temple! It was a beautiful wedding and she was a stunning bride! We had the "rehearsal" dinner the night before at Maggianos (if you don't know this Italian restaurant, you are missing out on life). The day of the wedding went so smoothly and everything turned out amazing. It was fun to see so many people that I knew at the reception and be able to catch up with friends. Over break we got to spend a lot of time with our lil bear, Brynlee and we loved it. She is so spunky and entertaining, I think all of my pictures that I took are of her. With my family we played a lot of Wii and Wii fit and other games, also ate yummy food, saw the new Hunger Games movie and Captain Phillips (both were excellent!), made Brynlee laugh whenever we could, visited Ft. Collins, went bowling, had ping pong tournaments, I had breakfast with three of my childhood friends, saw my best friend Kelly and I soaked up all my time with my family that I could and loved every minute of it. 

I really slacked in the taking pictures department which is kind of a bummer, but here are some that we have (all taken from my lovely phone, therefore they are the best of quality, because I can't find some of our other pictures).
















Our view for part of our drive home. Could barely see the cars in front of us. I was NOT a fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment