Sunday, January 12, 2014

22 weeks






Another two weeks have gone by and things are going well! We had our detailed ultrasound and they said that everything so far looks fantastic. She is growing at the right rate, her organs are all there, nothing looks suspicious at first glace, and I got to see her moving around and even her practicing swallowing! The tech said that from here on out she is just is going to get bigger and start putting the weight on, so I am expecting to start growing pretty quickly from here on out too. This week was a tough one heartburn wise and energy wise. This little girl is really taking it out of me, but I was still able to make it through my first week of the last semester of school ;). I've been pep talking her already, letting her know that she needs to make herself nice and comfy in there, get cute and chunky and try her absolute best not to come early if she can help it. I have this subtle fear that I will be walking across stage for graduation and my water will break.



One of the most exciting things about this past week was that I felt baby girl move for the very first time!! I started to worry just a little that I hadn't felt any signs of her moving yet, until on the car ride from Colorado to Utah I felt that flutter in my stomach that so many people described and I knew it was her. And from then I have felt her a bit more. My next looking forward to moment is definitely for Josh to be able to feel her kick by touching my tummy, but that will probably be a little while before that happens.

4 comments:

  1. Looking absolutely fantastic sister!! Those movements are the best thing about pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That really has been the best part! I don't think anything can top feeling her moving around.

      Delete
  2. SO cute!! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete