Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Trip to Idaho

Labor day weekend my sis Chels and her hubby Chase were blessing their baby girl in Rexburg, Idaho. We are only 4 hours away from them which was lucky that we were able to go up! My parents even flew in to Provo and drove with us up there. It was a fun trip to take with them and we had several adventures.

The first adventure that we had was stopping at the Brigham City Temple which had not been dedicated yet so people could tour the temple. Spur of the moment we decided to pull over and walk through! Oh man, it was beautiful! It had a theme of peaches and you could see it through out the whole temple. It was absolutely breath taking to see all the detail and how it shown so brilliant white inside. People being able to walk through these temples before their dedication is one indicator that the temples aren't secrets, and we as LDS aren't hiding things from people. But the Temple, once it is dedicated, is the Holiest place on earth and is revered as extremely sacred to us. I just love temples! I wonder where our next trip will be :)

One of the other experiences that we had was the Taco Bus. It was a Mexican restaurant that was literally in a school bus. They had seating in the front end and the kitchen in the back. And ya know what? It was actually quite delicious!!

Well we got to Rexburg and were able to spend a lot of time with the fam, which is always great. Brynlee (Chels' baby) is the most precious girl ever. I am so in love with her. She is beautiful and the sweetest thing. Being an aunt is a new experience and I am absolutely loving it! I was able to rock her back and forth, sometimes in silly ways, and I could always get her to fall asleep in my arms. I was the go to gal for getting a sleeping babe. I loved being able to do that. And watching Josh hold her... Oooh. He is going to make an amazing father one day. I think "Dad" will look good on that man :). I miss Brynlee already and I'm excited to see how she grows up and how personality develops! Thanks Chels and Chase for letting us be part an amazing new phase of your life!



Brigham City Temple




My mom is the best grandma :)




hahaha oh chels.









1 comment:

  1. Oh Brynlee... such a little sweetie. I can't wait to meet her! She will be getting so much attention from her aunts she won't know what to do, ha!! Mom and Dad are such cute grandparents, I love it!

    ReplyDelete