Thursday, July 12, 2012

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

Wednesday morning Josh and I, along with two other couples that we are friends with, took a trip to the zoo towards downtown Omaha.We found out that we are leaving Omaha and heard that we really had to make it to the zoo while we were here! So we made some time to go. It was a fun trip out there, even though I was a bit of a drag. I am getting sick so I wasn't feeling well, added to the heat, added to all the walking, added to not enough food in me. It just wasn't the best mix to be at the zoo. But it was still cool to see all of the animals that they had! I felt like it was a really big zoo full of some pretty amazing exhibits. My favorite part might have been the "skyfari" which was a chair lift that took you over some habitats [it was a relaxing break, ok?!] We got an overhead view of some of the animals and only had to talk on way in stead of back and forth.



For some reason I thought this animal was so cool! Josh was not as impressed.


Monkies!




This fish was bigger than me!! So crazy!

Hard to tell... but we were watching a tiger eat a rabbit.

Look at those claws..


We got to watch the bears be fed. I had no idea that they would be eating celery, oranges and honey dew... I was thinking more along the lines of meat.


These next few cave pictures looked a lot cooler in the dark.






Skyfari!






Josh and Kayla, and behind them is Q and Ang.





Since Josh's friend is also named Josh, they call him Pete or Petey. And that was the name of this parrot! How do they not fly away? They were just out in the open.



 Petey want a cracker? Or a stick?

No comments:

Post a Comment