Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Honeymoon!

For our honeymoon we went on a cruise that went to Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico! Josh nor I had ever been on a cruise before and it sounded like the perfect honeymoon get away because we could be as busy or relaxed as we wanted, we didn't have to worry about where or what to eat because it was all on the ship and there was plenty of entertainment on the boat so we didn't have to go looking for it. We had a great experience there even though there were some things that didn't go according to plan. On of those things was that it was overcast and a bit chilly most of the time that we were on the Cruise and in California. And the other thing was that I got sick (sore throat and really bad cough that made me sound very manly) about two days into the cruise and am STILL trying to get better (although I think it is looking up now!). So poor Josh had to deal with sick me on day three of marriage and still does. Like my wise sister said, he is there for the good, the bad and the ugly! I was just hoping that the "ugly" part would come later than our first weeks of marriage but that is okay! :)

It really was a great vacation that included being able to visit family that we hardly ever get to see while in California. Again, there is so much I could say but since I did my best with trying to take copious amounts of pictures (more inspiration from my sis), I will let the pictures do most of the talking and I will describe what was going on.

As I waited for Josh to park the car in the rain, I took pictures of my shoes. Of course :)


When we walked into the room of the hotel there were flower pedals everywhere! At first we were confused, wondering if this was some honeymoon suit special that the hotel did. Until we found a note...





 Thank you Bryndee and Kyle for the fun surprise in our room! We thought it was so awesome and we thoroughly enjoyed the treats that you left us :) You're awesome!




On way to the airport Sunday morning!




To pass the time




Our first flight together! We were one of the last people on the plane and almost didn't get to sit next to each other. Josh played the honeymooners card to get someone to move for us.

Josh said all of our pictures were going to look the same so I tried to be more creative.


Waiting...

The Taco Bell in Cali! Talk about high security!


Tandem bike ride on Huntington Beach.
























Monday, getting on the Cruise!!








Our boat







Our lovely room number!




There was a lot of entertainment!


This woman on the left in charge of the show was HILARIOUS!

The woman from above put this guy in time out for blurting out the answer to one of the trivia questions from the crowd.

 Catalina Island




Leaving the boat, on a boat, to a tiny island!









We thought this was pretty strange, yet funny.




The Island is so small that there are hardly any cars. Most just golf carts to get around. This one was a hot rod golf cart.

It was beautiful!





Seals!

I think he really did bump his head on this. Then I made him go back and take a picture.


















We got back from church that Sunday and Josh goes to get undressed and  realized that he had put his button up shirt on over his BYU t-shirt, and he had no idea!! It was pretty darn funny :) Silly boy.

 La Bufadora (the Blowhole)




On stage! Josh got on stage for a game that was basically minute to win it. He almost won, but came in strong second! I think he was bummed he didn't win, but he won the love of the crowd and he loved the attention :)

Oh the beginning of many adventures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment