Thursday, April 5, 2012

General Conference

Josh and I tried going to watch General Conference in Salt Lake this year. Tried is the key word. This is the second time I've gone down town and haven't gotten in. We need to work on finding tickets next time. We got up early Saturday morning to get to the 10:00 session. We got in pretty close to the front of the line and then they took us to the Tabernacle and sat us down. Here they gave us these line passes and told us that at about 9:45 they will start to let us in to fill in the extra seats. Well, once we sat down we didn't move. Not one person moved. They never even told us that we weren't going to get in. I was very disappointed that we didn't get to be in the same room as the Prophet and have that experience, but we will not give up! One day we will. It was still great being able to listen to conference. Conference weekends are just so great! I love them!


Josh got to see a friend who was from out of town!


Lunch with my amazing friend Tara at California Pizza Kitchen!

 I was so glad to be able to spend time with this girl! She has been an amazing friend to me and I just don't get to see her enough! I am so glad that I get you as one of my bridesmaids Tara! I love you girl and was so glad we got to visit with you :)



For the Sunday session Josh and I went over to his Aunt Deb's house to hang out, eat food and listen to the amazing words of the speakers.


 I am grateful to know that there is modern revelation on the Earth today and that I am able to access it so easily! Twice a year we are privileged to hear from our leaders with the knowledge that they have been guided on the instruction to give us. And I also love how the things they say are not just for the LDS people. This is information for the world with guidance from our Heavenly Father. We get words of comfort, support, guidance, and direction. I truly feel so blessed to know that I have steadfast and unwavering places to look for guidance and strength in my life. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and I am so proud to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment