Sunday, February 22, 2015

My First Ski Trip

I know this is hard to believe but before a few weeks ago, I had NEVER been skiing. Or snowboarding. It makes me rather pathetic considering I have lived in Colorado or Utah for majority of my life, and my hubby LOVES to ski. But anyway. I finally went! The first time down the bunny hill (don't make fun of me) I pretty much said "I don't like this" over and over all the way down. I am not one who enjoys going fast for anything, so any momentum felt like warp speed! But after going down the bunny hill/easy green they decided I was ready for a real green. Well the first few times down the green I rocked it! I sped down the mountain and wasn't falling at all. The problem was that once I got going I had a hard time slowing down/stopping. I didn't do the "big S" thing very well, so i SPED down that mountain. I told Josh I was having a hard time with stopping, but somehow the next round he decided I was okay by myself and took off. Well, of course, I totally fell and my skiis came off and for the life of me I couldn't get them back on. Let's just say I wasn't too happy about that, but I tried my best, asked some random people to help and Josh finally realized I was still struggling on the mountain and came and got me. Eventually I got down. Then the next round my confidence was shaken. I wasn't feeling good about it and I really just wanted a break! But of course I had to go back down the mountain. And of course as I was going down I had a HUGE fall/yard sale (skiis and poles went flying and I went rolling down the mountain.) And at that point I was done. Haha. That was enough for me! Oh and our awesome friends were there with us and pretty much rocking it the whole time ;)  And that was my first experience skiing. 














No comments:

Post a Comment