Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Friendsgiving

We are so lucky to have made such a great group of friends since moving here! Even though we were missing some of these awesome people, our Friendsgiving was a blast!

Before arriving at our dinner I was making some cilantro lime dressing. I don't usually cook with jalapenos because I am a wimp and don't like hot things, but the recipe called for it. I cut them up, put them in the blender with the rest of the ingredients. I dipped my finger on the side to taste the dressing and oh man was it HOT! I had Josh taste it and he didn't think it was hot at all. After thinking for a minute I realized that I didn't wear gloves when I cut up the jalapenos! So what I was tasting was that directly on my finger... oops! I washed my hands really well and continued getting everything ready to go. I was about to change Sky's diaper but before I did, I had an itch in my eye so I scratched it with my finger... BAD IDEA! My eye instantly started burning like crazy! Well let's just say it was a very painful next 20 minutes of flushing out my eye with water and milk and we were late to dinner. It was some crazy pain and I'm pretty sure I will never make that mistake again!



Once we finally arrives we had a very nice dinner at a clubhouse with yummy desserts and we played three hours of scum! The food was delicious, the company was great and we didn't even realized we had played scum for so long. That's when you know you're having fun I guess ;). Brynne and I kicked bootay at the game so I would say it was quite the success :) I am so grateful for our friends for making us feel so welcomed, loved and for being so much fun! And for loving Sky almost as much as we do ;). Cheers!








No comments:

Post a Comment