Wednesday, August 6, 2014

DIY decorative bottles

Love this idea.  Must do this after I finish drinking the wine. ;-) Feeling Creative? DIY Wine Bottle Craft (Step By Step Instructions)


I've seen bottles on Pinterest that I found super cute ^^^^^^^^, so I decided to make my own!

I thought I took pictures of the bottles before I started but now I can't seem to find them. I went to Goodwill and found 4 cute glass bottles that I got for $4 total! Then I took hemp (for the brown) and yarn (for the creamy white) and wrapped them around the bottles, using the hot glue gun for over the bumps and where the bottle thins. I found some flowers that I thought were pretty (Michael's had goodie bags FULL of fake flowers and other fun things for only $2... My mom and I went a little crazy with them and it was so much fun!) and put them in! I love that I can switch out these flowers when I feel like a change. I was going to write "amor" across the bottles, but once I got to this point I really liked the way it looked. If I get bored of it, I can always go back and add that on :) I love the way that these bottles add a little pop of color to our currently dreary front room. We are in the process of more projects to make our house a little more decorative and visually appealing. Hopefully more to come on that in the next few weeks!







2 comments:

  1. I love them!! I want those flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are darling! I don't even know how I'm going to do crafty stuff in our new place that doesn't even exist yet but I'm going to take a leaf out of your book!

    ReplyDelete