Monday, August 4, 2014

2 months

Our little Skyler Jane is two months old! She weighted in at 11 lbs 4 ounces at her appointment and shots were not a pleasant experience at all. I didn't think I would cry but I most definitely did. I can't believe she is two months and I know that it is just going to keep going faster and faster from here. She is the most adorable little girl ever. Sky is spoiled with kisses and snuggles daily, people love to tell us how cute she is when we are in public, and she is just as sweet as ever. She still is not much of a crier expect for usual times when she is tired or really hungry. She still falls asleep every time I feed her, and right now she is only taking one bottle for the middle of the night/morning hours and breastfeeding the rest of the time. Breastfeeding continues to be quite the challenge. With a lingering infection and the ENT saying that her tongue tie is not severe enough to clip, we are trying to figure out what our next step is to getting this experience to be better! We are not giving up yet! :) Her sleep patterns are getting better slowly and we feel SO blessed with how well she does sleep already which is about from about 9:30pm to 4 or 5ish and then goes back to bed for a couple more hours. I had one night when Josh was out of town that she slept from 9:30 to 8!! I woke up at about 6am and freaked out thinking something was wrong because I hadn't heard her make a peep all night! But all was well :) I'm absolutely loving being a mommy. It is really hard to describe, and I never understood when people said it but I literally cannot get enough of her!







Shots day was so emotional for the both of us. She screamed her hurt cry and she shed real tears which I had never really seen before. Mama almost did not make it through this appointment. The nurse who gave the shots immediately left after she was done and said I could stay in the room and nurse her if I would like. Well I tried to calm her down by nursing her but she just wouldn't stop crying. My heart broke. I know this won't be the last time that I want to console my baby and make all her hurt go away. I imagine it doesn't get easier, but instead gets harder. I got her to calm down a little before we left the office as we sang some of The Wheels on the Bus and I held her close to me. She was a champ for the rest of the day, just wanting some extra snuggles which I was more than okay with. Overall, she did so great. She is such a blessing in my life!



poor quality, but just so cute.

we really are in trouble with a sad face like that

2 comments:

  1. Cutest little face! Shots are hard but not for long, thank goodness the experience isn't forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...poor thing! I hate vaccination days. And that frown is just too cute but sad at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete