Sunday, March 9, 2014

nesting and 30 weeks



I've had a bit of a hard time with this so called "nesting" part of pregnancy. I am a planner at heart. I love knowing where I am going, what I am doing and all the details in between. Since getting married to Josh I have learned more to go with the flow and not need to plan so so much. BUT with some things I just can't help it. So since being pregnant it has been hard for me not to be able to plan for much of anything! We graduate end of April, move that weekend to Colorado, Josh starts his job May 1st and then I am due May 16th. So much happening at the end of the pregnancy that I just hope that baby girl decides to come on time (and not early), which I also have no control over.

And one of the hardest things for me about moving is that I can't plan on anything! I can't buy much of anything to get ready for a new baby. I can't decorate a cute little space for our little girl. I can't even organize all the other stuff in the house because we are just packing up and moving. We don't even have an apartment lined up to live in yet! We are literally packing up and moving out there and have no where to settle (yet...definitely still searching, even though husband banned me from looking for at least another few weeks haha).  For me this is terrifying. My first baby (need I say more after this one?!). Josh's first "real" job. Our first "real" place outside of college. We don't own furniture. We don't have anything bought for the baby (except a few clothes on clearance I just couldn't help but buy). And I can't plan for anything. Terrifying I tell you!

But through this all I have been trying to keep my cool and not worry too much about the future. Like Josh is constantly reminding me, everything will work out okay. And even though I still have so much that I freak out about with all these new things and all these firsts, I do know everything will be okay. I am definitely so grateful for the internet (here is my media plug), because we can search online for potential places to live since we aren't there to search before we move and that I was able to buy a car seat and stroller that went on sale online that I hadn't seen the price that low in any store! So things are coming together. I think it will still drive me a little crazy that I don't have time or space to really nest and get ready for our baby girl, but I am trying my best to have faith, move forward and trust that even though this is not exactly how I thought my first pregnancy and prepping for a baby would go, everything will still be great.

4 comments:

  1. Your feelings are so much like what I experienced too girl. Kennedy is already seven months old and we just barely finished hanging up her decorations and putting together her room today - so no worries! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had these feelings. And i'm sure I won't be the last haha you are awesome April!

      Delete
  2. You can do this. You are Woman. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veda! :) It feels great to have support from other women! Its is empowering!

      Delete