Tuesday, February 4, 2014

DIY graphic tee TUTORIAL

Here is a tutorial on how I make my graphic tee's. I still feel like it is not perfect, but here is what I do:


1. First outline what you want to put on your shirt onto wax paper. I used my computer screen to outline letters from Word that I liked. 

2. Then cut out the parts that you want to show up on the shirt.

3. Lay your outline onto your shirt where you want the logo to show up. I tried my shirt on first to see where I wanted it to lay. This is one part I do not have down, but I tape down the wax paper so that it doesn't move. Maybe next time I will try ironing the paper on?

4. Grab your fabric paint that you would like to use. I bought mine at Hobby Lobby. 

5. Then put paint in your outline like so:

6. Grab a brush (a foam brush is probably faster... but this is all I had) and start painting your fabric paint onto your shirt, not putting too much on to avoid it bleeding out.


7. Then do this for all of your design.



8. After you have finished painting let the paint dry for a few minutes and then remove the wax paper carefully from the shirt. Let it fully dry (usually 24 hours). I like to blow dry it a little at first to lock in the paint. 



The paint will not wash off in the wash but you have to wait 48 after you apply it to wash it. And there you have it! Your very own graphic tee.

No comments:

Post a Comment