Friday, January 31, 2014

pinterest meals

My love hate relationship with pinterest is turning into more of a love relationship as I learn HOW to actually use it. That may sound silly, I mean, everyone really knows how to use pinterest. You scroll, you find things you like and you pin them onto boards. But I feel like there is just SO much on pinterest that creativity is almost stifled, not enhanced. It seems all ideas are there for me and I don't have to think or try to hard to come up with my own ideas. It also sets me up to fail in so many ways. My stuff never looks like how they post on pinterest! 

Some of the many examples found online: 





There is also information overload. I mean, there are so many recipes that look soooo delicious. I just want to do them all! But then I can't so I end up not doing any of them and sticking with what I know.

But lately I've decided to do things a little differently. I'll still pin, get ideas and admire the work of others, but more than that I will try out more things (with low expectations at each first attempt haha)! I'll make boards of things that I've actually done and note how they work out. Right now mostly that will be with cooking different recipes, and once I am done with school it will probably be more with crafts and sewing. I still struggle with the creativity aspect of it all, and trying to do new things that I feel are unique to me seems near impossible, but maybe its a good challenge to my creativity (I've been seriously lacking creative juices just in general lately!). I'm excited to be more optimistic with this resource that I have and love and try new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment