Wednesday, February 26, 2014

28 weeks



Third trimester now and everything seems to get going great. I'm realizing that I am a mom already in more ways than I realized. I feel such an obligation and responsibility for our little girl and she isn't even born yet! There isn't even much I can do for her besides trying to eat healthy, exercise, sleep and not stress too much. If anything were to actually go wrong, there is nothing that I can do about it. It makes me feel helpless as a mom knowing that. I wonder if that is what most of raising a child is like. I actually have little control over what happens, but I am here to provide her the basics, teach her about God and she will learn and grow and do her own part in this life. Sounds like one of those things that is easier said than done.

Well anyway. My tummy is growing, I still feel tired a lot of the time, and the days these past couple weeks have dragged on for me! Not sure why but I am ready to be done with this being on campus all day long stuff, especially when I don't need to be. That's just what happens when you don't live right next to campus and you only have one car! I get heartburn still but not all the time. My belly button isn't popping out yet, and I am curious if it is going to. Belly buttons are just such curious things. I had a dream about baby girl the other night, and I still remember exactly what she looks like from the dream. She had a lot of dark brown hair and big blue eyes and I was shocked! I still daydream about what our babe will look like and most of the time I picture blonde hair and light colored eyes which is what both Josh and I looked like as babies, but maybe we will be thrown for a loop with a little brown haired gal ;). It is fun to imagine the many possibilities! I have a hard time concentrating on much of anything these days, which I promptly blame on pregnancy brain (I swear it exists people!!). I find myself staring off when I should be working and having a hard time listening and making eye contact when people are talking to me. It is pretty strange. Hopefully just a phase!


No comments:

Post a Comment