Sunday, February 9, 2014

26 weeks


Another two weeks has gone by and I feel like I was just posting an update yesterday. This semester has been flying by for both Josh and I and we are pretty happy about it. :) I feel like not much has changed for me since I last updated. The main thing that has been happening is that I am growing, growing, growing! It's a little scary and exciting at the same time to see my tummy grow. I feel like by the end of this pregnancy I am going to be huge if I keep this rate up! But I keep exercising and eating as healthy as I can (minus the bowl of mac and cheese I am currently eating...) so whatever is going to happen to my body is just going to happen. It is exciting to know that she is growing stronger each day. I think baby girl likes music. When we were at a gymnastics meet last week, there was loud music playing and she was just moving around so much! And then in church when singing songs she starts to move around more too. Coincidence? Possibly. But I like feeling her movements, letting me know she is still there.

I've been feeling pretty good lately! I look back on my first four months of being pregnant and I wonder how I even survived. And I also thank God every day that it has gotten so much better! I don't know how women go through that much pain all nine months (i.e. my own mom). But I have felt extra grateful to feel more like myself and to be able to enjoy life and pregnancy more. I look forward to my next doctor appointment this week so I can see that little girl of ours. I also am looking forward to a good night's rest. I'm hoping one of those will come soon.

I find myself daydreaming more and more about what life will be like when she arrives. When will it be? Will she be early or late? Will she have blonde hair and blue eyes like I imagine her? Will I want to share her or will I want to keep her all to myself? I cannot wait to stare into those beautiful eyes, whatever color they will be. I'm sure I will just stare for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment