Sunday, July 14, 2013

3 day cleanse

Sometimes in life I feel like I don't have the control that I wish I had. I feel trapped in cravings of sweets at night or of meals I like to eat out. I'm not saying that these things are bad or that I have them all the time, but I hate the feeling I get when I say to myself, oh I HAVE to have this, and that something I know is not what my body needs. I hate how I've never been good as pushing myself to do hard things. Like when I exercise, I know that if I push past the really hard part of the run or whatever I am doing that my body will get that much stronger and that It will get easier, but yet I stop or slow down instead.

I guess what I am getting at is that I want to be in better control of myself. I have become a big fan of high fruits and veggies eating lately, more so than the usual knowing that they are good for me and eating a few servings a day (probably from a mix of reading blogs, watching documentaries on food, and my husband working at a health company for the summer). I have been wanting to juice/do a cleanse now for a variety of reasons and I kept feeling like a bit of a failure for not pushing myself and buckling down and trying one out, cause lets face it, its not an easy thing to do. I am understanding more and more the phrase I have heard that "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". Me wanting to do something will not be enough, I have to take action! So this past week, I prepared and completed a 3 day cleanse! 

I used Dr. Oz's three day cleanse recipes and did it from Tuesday to Thursday. It was tough at times, and not enjoying a good, satisfying dinner was especially difficult for me, but in the end I really did  feel great. I felt great physically, I had lost a few pounds and I especially felt great because I had accomplished something that I thought was hard which gave me even more motivation to keep pressing forward in my goals to a healthier me! I am one step closer to some of the goals that I have and that makes me feel great! I am curious what other cleanses are like and want to keep exploring new recipes of blended drinks and new high veggie, and tasty, meals! So if anyone has some suggestions or things that they have tried, please leave a comment or get a hold of me to share! I need help in my search for change and it is always great to have friends and family to support me.






No comments:

Post a Comment