Tuesday, April 2, 2013

good friday

Friday we celebrated the beginning of our Easter weekend by using our Guru's gift card for dinner and then attending a Easter Conference held at BYU. It was a great way to start off this special weekend. I feel that there is little build up when it comes to the Easter celebration in the LDS religion. We don't get a day off in school, we don't have as many set traditions around the holiday and talks on Sunday do not always center around the Atonement of Jesus Christ. So this conference was a great way to remember Jesus Christ and what his sacrifice means for the church and means in my life.

One of the big things that stood out to me when I listened to the talks was the balance between and Just and a Merciful God. In that discussion and through a compilations of different thoughts and readings it really helped me to understand my role in this life. How I am supposed to live up to being perfect and not break the commandments when God cannot look on Sin with the least degree of allowance when no one can get through this life without sinning? Well, the answer is Jesus Christ! If I join with him, he covers my sin. He makes up what I cannot do. And what is great, is that my best is not your best, it is not someone else's best. But Christ covers me, he covers you and he covers everyone when we choose to partner with Him.

I love how in a book that I am reading discusses how we believe in Christ, but do we believe Christ?? Do we truly believe that he can save or forgive us? We usually understand that he can save other people, but then it comes to ourselves and we all of a sudden think we aren't worthy or worth it to save or forgive so He can't help us. But this amazing thing is that He does help you and me! Heavenly Father wants all of his children to return home to him. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is for ALL of his children.

There are so many complex thoughts that I have been contemplating on this Easter weekend. I love delving into the gospel and learning new things and rediscovering simple truths for myself. I hope you all were able to take a bit more time this Easter season to reflect on what you know and believe about Christ and the atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment