Tuesday, January 1, 2013

happy new year!





America's next top model? probably not. I should take some posing classes or something, because I need some help to not look so awkward. ;) But I at least have fun trying and playing around. Josh and I found this old river bed filled with some kind of plant that we thought looked pretty cool. We liked the way that it turned out for the background of the pictures.

We had a fun New Years Eve spent going out to dinner with our family and hanging out with friends that we haven't seen since this summer. Kayla and her husband Josh along with Kaylani her husband DJ and their 2 1/2 week old baby came over to hang out with us! It was fun to catch up with them, see the beautiful baby and play some games! We played a game I had never played before and I really liked it! It was called Logos and you pretty much were quizzed on all sorts of logos, advertisements and slogans. I came in dead last haha but it was still a lot of fun. Kaylani and Kayla's Josh kicked bum in the game! They were awesome. We watched the ball drop and I got my New Years kiss at midnight. ;)

2012 was a crazy year that I am so grateful for! I got engaged to and married my best friend. We have moved 4 times since we have been married (Utah to Omaha, to Montana, to a different city in Montana, back to Utah). I finished my Junior year of college and am officially a Senior with one year to go. I became an aunt to an amazing and beautiful little girl, Brynlee. I've learned many lessons. I've gotten sick, A LOT. I went on a cruise and out of the country which are two firsts for me. I've had to do more grown up things. I've cooked more, loved more, recognized more than ever before my weaknesses and have never been more motivated to try and be a better person (which I think is what marriage is all about -- humbling ourselves, recognizing that we are imperfect and striving to be a better person and spouse). I've discovered more about what I like to do and what I do not like to do. I've recognized that it takes real effort to have and develop hobbies. I've had to face the fact that bad and unfair things happen in life. Life has been wonderful and difficult and such an amazing learning experience.

This new year should bring many new experiences that I have to look forward to! I haven't set official goals for the year yet, because I figure that we have a lot of time on the car ride home. ;) I hope you all have learned from the year that you have had, whether good or bad, and that this next year brings brighter days, new beginnings and more smiles. For the first day of the new year, I slept in, ate a delicious breakfast and am still in my comphies. It is a great beginning of the year to me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment