Tuesday, November 20, 2012

it is break and there is much to be thankful for





It has always been a pet peeve of mine when people call Thanksgiving "Turkey Day". In a half of a second, they just took out the whole meaning of the holiday! You can tell when people do this, where there focus of the holiday is (and don't get me started on when people say "xmas" instead of Christmas...).

Well like ever year, there is so much to be thankful for. Here are a few things that come to mind:
  • my handsome hubby who treats me like a queen
  • parents who I appreciate more and more as I get older and realize more about what parenting really is all about
  • hobbies, and being able to begin to expand mine with the purchase of our new camera
  • boots. They keep my feet nice and dry in this cold and wet
  • the atonement of Jesus Christ, and the knowledge that through him my sins can be washed clean
  • being able to further my education at BYU
  • professors who actually care
  • caramel dip for apples
  • our amazing bed that my uncle bought us this year
  • my marriage and knowing that I am sealed to my husband for time AND all eternity
  • food. always grateful for food.
I could seriously go on and on, but you all understand. I know I am so blessed in my life. And I know that all my blessings come from God and if I think life is hard or unfair, that if I look for blessings and things I am thankful for, I will find more than I ever realized and my days will be brighter.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful little break!


Joke of the holiday:
q: Why do pilgrims pants always fall down?
a: because they wear their belts on their hats! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Haha!! That joke is AWESOME, how have I never heard that?? You are so so beautiful! I need you to teach me how to do that kind of bun, I love them and I can't figure it out! Also, did you know that X in some kind of language is a symbol for Christ (that's what I have heard anyway). I think that's how X-mas started, but I still agree, I don't like when people use it.

    ReplyDelete