Tuesday, August 20, 2013

the Puerto Rican side [yes, I AM Puerto Rican]

Two weeks ago I took a trip to California. My grandma Maria has been having some rough times health wise and my mom was flying out to help take care of her, so I decided to tag along! I got to spend time with grandma, helping take care of her, visiting with my uncles and cousins and just soaking up time with my mama. I feel very grateful to have those moments with grandma Maria because I don't know if I will get the chance to have any more with her. We didn't get out of the house much on our trip, but here are some pictures from my phone that we took.

Side note: Grandma HATES pictures. I think she might pass out from yelling at me if she knew I had been taking pictures of her without her knowing... but I was sneaky and did what had to be done ;)


Cousin Taylor. Apparently we look a lot alike?

With Uncle Frank! He doesn't smile for pictures either...


But I caught a picture while he was telling a story!







Uncle Henry!!! He took us out to dinner :) Love him!


Mom had never been back to her high school since she left, so we decided that it was about time...
She finally got to sit at the "cool" people table! ;)


My mama is GORGEOUS. Seriously. Wow!

And we briefly drove by her old home! It was very bright so not a great picture...
It was fun to see where my mom went to elementary, middle and high school and then to hear of her and uncle frank's stories of their childhood. I love my crazy Puerto Rican family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment