Tuesday, July 23, 2013

this past weekend camping

This past weekend we went camping with Josh's cousin Jeff and his wife Brittney (aka, some of our really great friends). We were in the mountains past Sundance resort and we went in search of a perfect spot to put up our tents and make a fire to cook our dinner. After some searching and going down some rough roads with our little cars and having to turn around, we found a great spot! It felt so good to get out of the city for a bit and hang out with some awesome people. Believe it or not it was mine and Josh's FIRST time ever camping together. I cannot even tell you the last time I went camping (I think it was girl's camp when I was like 15??). It was obvious that we didn't do it often because we forgot some pretty essential camping things (like chairs and pillows). I must admit that I freaked out a little having to pee in the wilderness. I was pretty pathetic when it came to that aspect of the camping, making Josh help me scout out a safe place to pee and to be my look out! If we camp more, I am hoping I will get a little better at this haha.

Well, enough talk. I know you guys just look at the pictures anyway. Here is what we got before our camera died (another point of unpreparedness on my part).

one of the points that we had to very carefully turn around.

the drive



Josh found us some camp fire wood! or a whole tree.

Jeff joining in the manliness

Look how gorgeous this girl is! She is pretty darn amazing!


How he decided to try and break up the wood... it was not safe.






Cooking the food. Thanks to J and B for making these for us!!


Jeff even set up the center piece of our dinner with all the essentials. I thought it was pretty awesome!


Such a fun time! :)

And this was just awesome... what a stud!

I think some more camping trips are in order! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment