Tuesday, June 4, 2013

home to Colorado: part 2

We are lucky enough to both have our parents in Colorado so after about a week we went down to Pueblo and spent about a week there. It was an interesting trip down there with everyone one by one getting the stomach flu until everyone in the house got it (except me! How does THAT happen?! especially when my poor hubby is in bed next to me throwing up every half an hour all night long! Counting my blessings...). Chari, my sis-in-law, graduated from health academy and we went to her ceremony! She is an inspiration through her hard work and loving personality. I was glad that we were able to be part of that special day with her. We also went boating, to some graduation parties, had a  garage sale, I was given a new bike as a gift, and played some games and ate some food. It was an eventful trip!





The next week we spent back up in Parker. We went to Rock Canyon park and hiked but it was SOO windy that we did not go too far because we had Brynlee with us and some of our ears were hurting really bad from the wind. It was a fun time while we were there though! We celebrated my wonderful mother's birthday (she's now 30 ;)) We played games at night, went bowling, checked out some model homes for fun, went downtown for a Rockies game and enjoyed a lot of fun baby time. One of my favorite things that we did was go to Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park and go hiking. It was just me, Josh and Dad because others had to unfortunately work. I was so excited to take Josh there for the first time and show him my favorite hike. I remembered the three lakes that you'd hike to one by one and all of the lily pods floating in one of them. Well, when we started hiking, I realized that the lake and trails would look a lot different than what I pictured in my head. The trails were under 2- feet of snow almost the entire way and all the lakes were frozen over. The paths were hard to navigate and we were all definitely not wearing the right shoes to be hiking in packed snow. But it made the trip just that more exciting and memorable! At any point in the hike your foot might just drop straight through a foot or two of snow. And the trail was not an official trail anymore so at points we were walking on the lake. I realized this at one point when my foot went down over a foot of snow and my shoe got soaking wet from the water at the bottom! Well it was quite the adventure and so amazingly beautiful! I absolutely loved it! After hiking (and being not so smart for not bringing snacks) we were all very hungry. We ate lunch at a cute little place called Poppy's, walked around the little town, bought the freshest taffy you've ever tasted and grabbed a little ice cream for the road home.

Rockies Game







Castlewood Canyon Hiking







Bowling





Rocky Mountain National Park































It was a great trip to Colorado and we feel so blessed for everything our parents and family do for us and that we live close enough to visit and that we had such a large amount of time to spend with them. I know I am ready to settle into a little more of a routine and definitely better eating habits now that we are back.

No comments:

Post a Comment