Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Birthday, Lover Boy!

This past Sunday was Josh's birthday! He turned 23 (that's a relief to some of you who probably thinks he looks a little younger than that ;)) It was an amazing weekend! 

We went to Tacanos for dinner Saturday night (a Brazilian restaurant). If you haven't been there it is such a great place! But it is also very pricey. It's definitely a special occasion place (plus we had one free meal coupon. Score!) It has a salad buffet that was also filled with other Brazilian dishes and other sides such as pastas, potatoes, bread etc. Then you sit at your table and waiters come around with different meats and ask if you want that kind. you say yes or no, they give you want you want and leave. And the interesting part is that they just keep coming until you decide your full! We ate WAY too much. But it was SO good! 

 


I was in love with this one type of meat. Terriyaki beef I think it was called. I couldn't get enough of it.
 I think Josh's favorite will always be the grilled pineapple. That boy loves that stuff! I think he wished he could have used more of his Portuguese.




He tried chicken heart.... blehhh!


 I got Josh some lovely balloons on Friday. I thought they were pretty awesome. But they stopped floating by midday Saturday. Bummer! We had fun snapping a few pictures.



Cute babe. Cute.



 It was also very windy. And I was in heels. Bad combo when trying to balance.

 Look at those jumping skills!



I found out that I can't jump in 5 inch wedges...

 And the wind almost took me out.


Also, if you couldn't tell... I'm blonde now. I got highlights over the weekend as well!

So aside from Tacanos and balloons we were able to get homework done, had a great breakfast with Josh's ward Saturday morning,
we started our wedding registry, spent time with Josh's cousin (who's birthday was on Saturday and had a group of people over to hang out), bought some movies, bought a game called banana grams, had a great dinner at Josh's aunt's house, and had the best Sunday nap ever.
Couldn't have been a better weekend.


A few more lovely pics.





 
Us at our best.


I hope you had a great birthday my love!! I cannot wait to be along side you through all of the things that life will have in store for us. I am so grateful for such an amazing man that (soon) I can call my husband! You are my BEST friend, and I am so excited to witness life together. I know that you are going to accomplish many great things and I will be your number one support every step of the way. I love you so much!!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your hair, it looks great! I love all of your goofy pictures too, I can tell we will get along great:) Also, was that brazilian lemonade you were drinking...? I love that stuff! I love the balloon pictures too! I love that you took so many pictures! And I guess I could've made this a shorter comment and just said I LOVE IT ALL!! Keep up the awesome picture taking and blog posting, you will be glad you did. It also satisfies my blog stocking need:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha oh sis! You are awesome and your comments always make me happy! It was brazilian lemonade! Good stuff! I am pretty proud of us for keeping up on the blog. And I plan on continuing to do that! I know we will look back one day and be glad that we kept up with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute post! So excited for what life has in store for y'all. :)

    P.S. Sexy hair Emily - I love it!

    ReplyDelete